All New York bred stakes races upcoming at Belmont Park and Saratoga currently carrying a purse of $75,000 added will be boosted to $100,000 added.
The raise affects the Bouwerie, Kingston, Mount Vernon and Evan Shipman during the Belmont Spring meet, the West Point and Yaddo at Saratoga and the Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Ashley T. Cole, Schenectady, Bertram F. Bongard and Joseph A. Gimma at the Belmont Fall meet.
"We're pleased to be able to raise these purses especially in light of the increased quality of the New York breeding program over the past several years," said NYRA racing secretary and handicapper Mike Lakow. "Every New York-bred stake at Belmont and Saratoga will now carry a purse of at least $100,000. It is part of our commitment to the New York breeding industry which plays an important role in our ability to provide quality year-round racing."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts