Shipman Stakes during the Belmont Spring meet; the West Point and Yaddo Stakes at Saratoga; and the Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Ashley T. Cole, Schenectady, Bertram F. Bongard and Joseph A. Gimma Stakes at the Belmont Fall meet."We're pleased to be able to raise these purses especially in light of the increased quality of the New York breeding program over the past several years," said NYRA racing secretary Mike Lakow."Every New York-bred stake at Belmont and Saratoga will now carry a purse of at least $100,000. It is part of our commitment to the New York breeding industry which plays an important role in our ability to provide quality year-round racing."
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct