"She got absolutely nothing from that race," said O'Connell. "I hate to run her a mile and an eighth and ship her too with nothing between the Bonnie Miss and the Oaks. She will need to work another really good work here first before we decide. I don't want to take her if she's not 110 percent." O'Connell said that a decision would be made either late this weekend or early next week in regard to sending the filly to Churchill Downs. If they decide to pass the Oaks, O' Connell said the Black Eyed Susan (gr. II) at Pimlico the day before the Preakness (gr. I) would be their next option.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell