"It was just nice and easy," Mandella said of Kudos' move.
Pleasantly Perfect, who is unraced since a fourth-place finish in the Mar. 1 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) because a foot bruise kept him out of the Apr. 5 San Bernardino Handicap (gr. II), was also on the Wednesday work tab, covering six furlongs in 1:14 3/5 handily. The son of Pleasant Colony may run in the Mervyn LeRoy, but is more likely for the Californian (gr. II) on June 14.
Mandella also reported that Olmodavor, a 4-year-old son of A.P. Indy who was second in the March 8 New Orleans Handicap (gr. I), is being considered for several different spots. Olmodavor last worked April 10, going six furlongs in 1:14.
"They're all ultimately being pointed toward the (July 13) Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) and some may go first in the Californian, but they're all heading to the Gold Cup," Mandella said.
Palmarola, an Argentine-bred daughter of Kitwood, logged seven furlongs in 1:27 3/5 on Wednesday in preparation for her return to action after more than seven months on the sidelines. The 6-year-old mare won last year's CERF Handicap at Del Mar before a minor injury sent her to the sidelines.
"She's going to run in the Humana Distaff (gr. II) at Churchill Downs on Derby day (May 3)," Mandella said of Palmarola. "She's been training very well and I think that's a good spot for her."The Humana Distaff is a seven-furlong main track test for fillies and mares, four years old and up.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards