Eclipse Press, the book publishing division of Blood-Horse Publications, announced that two of its recent releases--"Old Friends: Visits with My Favorite Thoroughbreds" and "Racing to the Table: A Culinary Tour of Sporting America"--have been selected as "Book of the Year" award finalists by Foreword magazine. Foreword's "Book of the Year" awards recognize excellence in publishing from independent presses.
First, second and third place award winners in 47 categories will be announced May 30 at a special program at BookExpo America in Los Angeles.
"We are thrilled that two of our most successful titles have been selected by Foreword," commented Jackie Duke, editor of Eclipse Press. "Old Friends, with photographs and essays by Eclipse Award-winner Barbara Livingston, sold out in two months and is now in its second printing. And people who love good food and horseracing can't seem to get enough of Racing to the Table."
Eclipse Press is dedicated to the enjoyment and welfare of the horse. Titles range from practical aspects of hands-on horsemanship to equine art and retrospectives on the great Thoroughbred racehorses.
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts