"She worked fine," trainer Shug McGaughey said. "We're on target for the Comely. She had a good winter in Florida."
Although most of the nation's leading 3-year-old fillies have been in action over the last couple of months and are hoping to find their way to the starting gate for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 2, Storm Flag Flying has been taking it easy. Since getting back into training in early February, Storm Flag Flying has worked five times. McGaughey, however, said a berth in the Kentucky Oaks might be considered.
"It's not out of the question," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity