"She worked fine," trainer Shug McGaughey said. "We're on target for the Comely. She had a good winter in Florida."
Although most of the nation's leading 3-year-old fillies have been in action over the last couple of months and are hoping to find their way to the starting gate for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on May 2, Storm Flag Flying has been taking it easy. Since getting back into training in early February, Storm Flag Flying has worked five times. McGaughey, however, said a berth in the Kentucky Oaks might be considered.
"It's not out of the question," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses