Wertheimer Farm's Indy Dancer, who is scheduled to face off with current Kentucky Derby favorite Empire Maker in Saturday's $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I), worked five furlongs over Belmont Park's main track in :59 2/5 handily. Equipped in blinkers, Indy Dancer worked in company with
Little Bonnet, a 3-year-old filly. Exercise rider David Jego was aboard Indy Dancer.
"He always prefers someone to go with. It gives him something to aim at," said assistant trainer Seth Benzel after overseeing the move. "The rider said he was on the bridle. I loved the way he galloped out. It was exactly what we were looking for." Indy Dancer, a deep closer, is scheduled to race with blinkers for the first time in Saturday's Wood. His connections are hoping they will give him a little more early speed. Jockey John Velazquez will have the mount for trainer Todd Pletcher, who is at Keeneland today.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity