Florida Derby (gr. I) hero Empire Maker, bound for the April 12 Wood Memorial (gr. I), went five furlongs in 1:00 1/5, handily, in company with a stablemate. Frankel was happy with the colt's effort and dubbed him right on target for his final Kentucky Derby prep.
Midas Eyes, last seen winning the Swale Stakes (gr. II) and aimed to the Coolmore Lexington Stakes at Keeneland on April 20, breezed five furlongs in 1:01 4/5 handily on Saturday. The son of Touch Gold is not a candidate for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Frankel said, but may turn up in the May 17 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico.
Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Peace Rules, who worked a half-mile in a bullet :47 handily will likely turn up in the April 12 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland, Frankel said. The son of Jules will leave for Kentucky Sunday morning.
Medaglia d'Oro, who skipped Saturday's $6 million Dubai World Cup in favor of the Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I) on April 5, drilled six furlongs in 1:13.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says