Minimum wager will be $1.00. Gulfstream Park will serve as the wagering hub. Fans should ask for Gulfstream Race 11. Takeout is 20%. Free Equibase past performances for the three races will be available at ntra.com after entries are drawn. Last year's Illinois Derby winner was War Emblem, who went on to capture the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes en route to year-end honors as champion 3-year-old.
"This represents another effort by the NTRA and our member tracks to link our television inventory with a wagering product," said Ken Kirchner, senior vice president of product development for the NTRA. "Fans have responded favorably to the previous NTRA Pick 3 offerings that were tied to our telecasts, and we think this latest version will similarly help to drive viewers to the program on April 5."
Another national pick three wager encompassing races shown live on nationwide television will take place on April 12 when Aqueduct, Keeneland and Oaklawn Park combine to offer the Big 3 Pick 3 on the Wood Memorial (ESPN, 3:30-4:30 p.m., ET), the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (NBC, 4:30-6:00 p.m. ET) and the Arkansas Derby (NBC, 4:30-6:00 p.m. ET), respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes