Minimum wager will be $1.00. Gulfstream Park will serve as the wagering hub. Fans should ask for Gulfstream Race 11. Takeout is 20%. Free Equibase past performances for the three races will be available at ntra.com after entries are drawn. Last year's Illinois Derby winner was War Emblem, who went on to capture the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes en route to year-end honors as champion 3-year-old.
"This represents another effort by the NTRA and our member tracks to link our television inventory with a wagering product," said Ken Kirchner, senior vice president of product development for the NTRA. "Fans have responded favorably to the previous NTRA Pick 3 offerings that were tied to our telecasts, and we think this latest version will similarly help to drive viewers to the program on April 5."
Another national pick three wager encompassing races shown live on nationwide television will take place on April 12 when Aqueduct, Keeneland and Oaklawn Park combine to offer the Big 3 Pick 3 on the Wood Memorial (ESPN, 3:30-4:30 p.m., ET), the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (NBC, 4:30-6:00 p.m. ET) and the Arkansas Derby (NBC, 4:30-6:00 p.m. ET), respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale