Zenyatta, who garnered the 2008 National Thoroughbred Racing Association Moment of the Year for her victory in last year's Ladies' Classic (gr. I), may again win the favor of fans for her memorable triumph over males in the Nov. 7 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Voting is underway at the NTRA's Web site, www.ntra.com, for the 11th annual NTRA Moment of the Year. Voters can choose from among 14 images drawn from the year's events, among them Zenyatta's Classic win.
Those selecting the winning image automatically will be entered in a random drawing for a trip for two to the January 18, 2010, Eclipse Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif., where the winning moment will be recognized. The prize includes airfare, hotel accommodations, and tickets to the Eclipse Awards.
The Moments were selected to illustrate a wide range of human emotions and achievements as well as outstanding displays of equine athleticism. Listed chronologically, the images and events that fans can choose from are:
• Well Armed blows away the field in the Dubai World Cup
• I Want Revenge overcomes a horrific start to capture the Wood Memorial
• Rachel Alexandra runs off with the Kentucky Oaks by more than 20 lengths
• Mine That Bird posts stunning, 50-1 upset in the Kentucky Derby
• Rachel Alexandra turns back the late charge of Mine That Bird in the Preakness
• Presious Passion fires out to a 20-length lead en route to course record win in United Nations
• Rachel Alexandra toys with the boys in the Haskell Invitational
• Gio Ponti captures his fourth consecutive grade I score in the Arlington Million
• Rachel Alexandra holds off her male elders in the Woodward Stakes
• Linda Rice becomes the first woman to win the Saratoga training title
• Summer Bird registers historic triumph in the Jockey Club Gold Cup
• Goldikova wins her second straight Breeders’ Cup Mile
• Conduit runs down the stubborn Presious Passion for a repeat score in the Breeders’ Cup Turf
• Zenyatta remains undefeated and becomes first female to win the Breeders’ Cup Classic
"The NTRA Moment of the Year gives fans a voice and sense of ownership at the Eclipse Awards," said Keith Chamblin, NTRA senior vice president of communications and industry relations. "It allows them to salute the people, horses and memories that make our sport so appealing. We look forward to seeing which one of the many outstanding moments from 2009 they select as this year’s winner."
Fans 18 years and older can register to vote online at www.ntra.com. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET Jan. 2, 2010. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. A complete set of rules is available at www.ntra.com.