A pair of Grade 3 events will be contested in mid-April as the $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap will be run on April 19 and the $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap will take place on April 26. A staple of the spring Illinois season also returns, as Illinois-breds will be featured on April 12 as six, $100,000 added events will be contested.
In 2003, Hawthorne Race Course will be hosting three racing meets. The National Jockey Club at Hawthorne meet races from March 1 – May 8. The Suburban Downs at Hawthorne harness meeting runs from May 13 – June 30. Thoroughbreds return for Hawthorne's fall Thoroughbred meet to take place from Sept. 28 –Dec. 31. Post time for the live Thoroughbred meet is 1:10 PM daily, Noon on Kentucky Derby Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North