A pair of Grade 3 events will be contested in mid-April as the $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap will be run on April 19 and the $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap will take place on April 26. A staple of the spring Illinois season also returns, as Illinois-breds will be featured on April 12 as six, $100,000 added events will be contested.
In 2003, Hawthorne Race Course will be hosting three racing meets. The National Jockey Club at Hawthorne meet races from March 1 – May 8. The Suburban Downs at Hawthorne harness meeting runs from May 13 – June 30. Thoroughbreds return for Hawthorne's fall Thoroughbred meet to take place from Sept. 28 –Dec. 31. Post time for the live Thoroughbred meet is 1:10 PM daily, Noon on Kentucky Derby Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita