Schoolyard Dreams, who finished ahead of winner Super Saver in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III), fired a bullet five-furlong work in :59 3/5 at Monmouth Park with jockey Eibar Coa in the irons. It was fastest of 12 works at the distance the morning of May 6 and left trainer Derek Ryan brimming with confidence heading into Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm