Schoolyard Dreams, who finished ahead of winner Super Saver in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III), fired a bullet five-furlong work in :59 3/5 at Monmouth Park with jockey Eibar Coa in the irons. It was fastest of 12 works at the distance the morning of May 6 and left trainer Derek Ryan brimming with confidence heading into Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test