Jockey Robby Albarado suffered a fractured clavicle and left index finger and thumb when he fell from his horse during the gallop out of the first race at Saratoga Aug. 11. The injuries were discovered at Albany Medical Center, where 36-year-old Albarado was taken after riding the Merrill Scherer-trained Hunt for Candie, a 3-year-old filly, to finish sixth in the 5 1/2 furlong event on the Mellon turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch