According to Lukas' assistant, Greg Falk, both colts were doing well following their works and were on schedule to depart for Florida on Wednesday.
Scrimshaw, a Kentucky-bred son of Gulch owned by Robert and Beverly Lewis, was last seen finishing third, beaten 6 ½ lengths, behind Domestic Dispute in the Jan. 18 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II). From three career starts, Scrimshaw has two wins and the aforementioned third for earnings of $74,400. A rider hasn't been named for the Hutcheson.
Ozzie Cat, an Overbrook Farm homebred son of Storm Cat, broke his maiden by 5 ¼-lengths in his fifth start at Keeneland in October. He finished second by a neck in his stakes debut in the Golden Gate Derby (gr. III), which is the same distance as the Fountain of Youth, last out on January 11. His career record stands at 8-1-3-3, $89,125. Pat Day has accepted the call for the Fountain of Youth.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29