Buffythecenterfold is back at Santa Anita with trainer Mel Stute, who saddled the filly to a seventh-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) last Oct. 26 at Arlington Park. "I'm winding her back up," Stute said of Del Mar's Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) winner. "She's a little drawn looking, but otherwise, she seems to be going fine. She just showed up at my barn (about three weeks ago)." Stute said 70 percent of Buffythecenterfold is owned by Frank Stronach, while the remaining 30 percent is owned by Allen Brian. "I heard (Bobby) Frankel was going to get her, but I don't know if he turned her down or what happened. All I know is Mr. Brian called me up and said, 'She'll be at your barn.'" Buffythecenterfold worked three furlongs Sunday in :35.60.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures