The ownership syndicate of Sanford Goldfarb, Irwin Goldfarb and Team Julep earned $49,500 for the victory.
"This was her first race back in a while and her first race around two turns," said owner Sanford Goldfarb. "She might have gotten a little tired; she wasn't exactly exploding through the lane."
Cyber Secret, who is trained by Richard Dutrow Jr., paid $5.50 to win the 1-mile, 70-yard race for 3-year-old fillies in 1:41 4/5.
Cyber Secret is a Florida-bred filly by Cyberspace, She is now 3-1-0 from five starts with career earnings of $110,100.
Cyber Secret went quickly to the lead out of the rail post and set fractions of :23 4/5 and :47 2/5. Marc's Rainbow and Xtra Heart caught the frontrunner on the far turn, but Cyber Secret spurted away again to reach the three-quarter mark in 1:11 1/5.
In deep stretch, Xtra Heart and Luis Castillo mounted another challenge, but they fell a length short and finished second. Golden Damsel, under Ariel Smith, closed late for third. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract