The two-day Winter Mixed Sale conducted by Barretts Equine Ltd. concluded Wednesday with 524 horses selling for $4,431,000 averaging $8,456 with a median of $4,000. At the same sale one year, ago 460 horses for $3,257,800 averaging $7,082 with a median of $3,700 for last year. The number sold increased by 13.9%, gross sales by 36.0%, average by 19.4% and the median by 8.1%. The percentage not sold decreased from 12.7% to 12.1%.
The second session (and sale topper) was Catrina, an 8 year-old Storm Cat mare in foal to Malek sold by Berkey Bloodstock Services, Inc, as agent for Ridder Thoroughbred Stables Magali Ventures for $110,000. The second highest price for the session was the supplemental entry Dance With Lulu, the 4year-old full sister to Afternoon Deelites in foal to Bertrando which was also sold to Magali Ventures by River Edge Farm.
The leading purchaser at the sale was Magali Ventures which purchased ten head for $403,500. The leading consignor was Golden Eagle Farms which sold all 39 head offered for $611,000. Results, Barretts Equine
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA