David Nuesch, former leading rider at Emerald Downs, has joined the jockey colony at Santa Anita, where his book will be handled by Derek Lawson."I came out (to work) for the Seabiscuit movie in October and I've been working on that for about three months," the 33-year-old rider said. "I just fell in love with the area and decided to give it a run. I figured if you could be out here in December in short sleeve shirts, this might be the place to be."Lawson expects Nuesch to be riding considerably for trainer Leonard Duncan. "He (Duncan) gave us that indication," Lawson said, "because David won some races for Leonard in Northern California, so that's a good start. We're also scheduled to ride a horse next week for Juan Pablo Silva. We'll start slow but hope to build up as we go and win races. That's the main thing."
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Researchers Evaluate Hoof Wall Tubule Density, Morphology
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa