Ridden by Victor Espinoza at 118 pounds, Major Idea ran one mile on firm turf in 1:34.89 and paid $5.40, $3.60 and $2.60. Neil Drysdale is the trainer for The Thoroughbred Corp.
Chief Little Dan, the biggest price in the race at 18-1, finished second and returned $12.80 and $5.40. Tony Farina rode the runner-up at 114 pounds. No Kings, Pat Valenzuela riding at 115 pounds, finished third, paying $3 for show.
A Kentucky-bred by Cherokee Run, Major Idea has a 3-1-2 record from seven starts. She earned $45,780 to push her earnings to $144,100. The Blue Norther was her first stakes victory.
Major Idea was the only favorite to win on the eight-race program. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel