Ridden by Victor Espinoza at 118 pounds, Major Idea ran one mile on firm turf in 1:34.89 and paid $5.40, $3.60 and $2.60. Neil Drysdale is the trainer for The Thoroughbred Corp.
Chief Little Dan, the biggest price in the race at 18-1, finished second and returned $12.80 and $5.40. Tony Farina rode the runner-up at 114 pounds. No Kings, Pat Valenzuela riding at 115 pounds, finished third, paying $3 for show.
A Kentucky-bred by Cherokee Run, Major Idea has a 3-1-2 record from seven starts. She earned $45,780 to push her earnings to $144,100. The Blue Norther was her first stakes victory.
Major Idea was the only favorite to win on the eight-race program. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong