Trainer Kenny McPeek said during an NTRA teleconference on Tuesday that wheeling Take Charge Lady back for the Great State Distaff with only a week between starts is slightly unconventional but it is something the owners (Jerry and Feye Bach's Select Stable) want to try. "This is something the owners and I have been discussing for about a month and if she wasn't in great order I wouldn't even consider doing it, but she's in great order and cleaning up her feed tub," McPeek said.
Take Charge Lady finished 1 1/4 lengths behind Allamerican Bertie in the Nov. 28 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs. Besides Take Charge Lady, McPeek also sends out fellow Kentucky-bred Midnight Cry in the Juvenile Fillies. Midnight Cry, owned by Barrister Hall Stables, finished third in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga and most recently finished fourth in the Nov. 24 Valley Stream Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail