Trainer Bobby Frankel said that he scratched Tates Creek from the $500,000 Matriarch Stakes Sunday after she "tied up" in the morning. "She may make the Dahlia," said Frankel of the Grade II $150,000 handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf Dec. 21.Frankel returned to his Hollywood Park barn Sunday, back from New York after sending out starters in three stakes Saturday at Aqueduct. He said all four starters in three Turf Festival stakes at Hollywood Friday and Saturday returned in good shape, including Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) winner Peace Rules.Asked if he had seen the Generous or Citation Handicap (gr. IIT), in which second-choice Decarchy finished fourth after a nightmare trip, Frankel said he had not seen either. "But what I heard about the (Citation) made me nauseous," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead