Day Aboard Generous Choice Lismore Knight
Pat Day rides Eastern invader Lismore Knight, co-high weight at 121 pounds with Man Among Men among nine entrants in Saturday's $200,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds at a mile on the Hollywood Park grass. Shippers have dominated the Generous during the past dozen years. Startac in 2000 became the first West Coast-based horse to win since Silver Ray took a division of the split stakes in 1991.Lismore Knight has won two of four starts, including the Summer Stakes (gr. II) at Woodbine. He finished a troubled fourth in the Hopemont Stakes at Keeneland on Oct. 25. Owned and bred by R. D. Hubbard in partnership with Constance Sczesny, Man Among Men is a son of 1997 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) champion Gentlemen. The chestnut colt, trained by Gary Mandella, has won two of three including both of his starts on turf. He is coming off a victory in the Pinjara Stakes at Santa Anita on Oct. 24.$200,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT), 2-year-olds, one mile on turf
Date Posted: 11/29/2002 2:17:59 PM
Last Updated: 12/1/2002 2:44:01 PM
PP. Horse, Jockey, Wgt.
1. Manhattan Express, Julie Krone, 118
2. Victory Song, Mike Smith, 114
3. Man Among Men, Alex Solis, 121
4. Lismore Knight, Pat Day, 121
5. Imitation, Corey Nakatani, 118
6. a-Bis Repetitas, Laffit Pincay Jr., 116
7. Outta Here, Jose Valdivia Jr., 114
8. a-Peace Rules, Victor Espinoza, 118
9. Apalachian Thunder, Kent Desormeaux, 114
a-Edmund A. Gann entry.
Copyright © 2014 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.