"We will also have Black Sam Bellamy, Sorcerous and Sholokhov staying in training as a four-year-olds and Milan also stays in training."It marks a change in direction at Ballydoyle, where O'Brien's trainees ordinarily race exclusively at age two and three and are either retired to stand at Coolmore or sold.
Black Sam Bellamy is a full-brother to Galileo who won the Group I Gran Premio del Jockey Club at San Siro in Milan in October. Sholokhov, often used as a pacemaker, was second in both the Group I Irish Derby and the Eclipse.
Sorcerous was unable to achieve the high hopes his connections had for him at three, when he was considered a Derby hope, while Milan was injured in May and has not raced since.
Most Popular Stories
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat