Calder Postpones Two Turf Stakes
by Blood-Horse Staff
Date Posted: 10/4/2000 2:12:31 PM
Last Updated: 10/6/2000 7:16:51 PM

Calder Race Course announced Tuesday that two turf stakes races scheduled for Saturday have been postponed due to heavy precipitation in the area in the recent days. Ironically, the races comprised a part of Calder's "Festival of the Sun" card.

The two stakes, the $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap and the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon, will be run on an unannounced future date.

The area remains under a flood watch until 8 p.m. Wednesday.

Copyright © 2015 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SUBSCRIBE to The Blood-Horse magazine TODAY!