Calder Postpones Two Turf Stakes
Updated: Friday, October 6, 2000 7:16 PM
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2000 2:12 PM
Calder Race Course announced Tuesday that two turf stakes races scheduled for Saturday have been postponed due to heavy precipitation in the area in the recent days. Ironically, the races comprised a part of Calder's "Festival of the Sun" card.
The two stakes, the $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap and the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon, will be run on an unannounced future date.
The area remains under a flood watch until 8 p.m. Wednesday.
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!