Walk on Gold, a half-sister to multi-millionaire Marquetry brought a top price of $290,000 during Sunday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. John J. Greely IV, as agent, bought Walk on Gold, a 3-year-old bay mare by Seeking the Gold out of stakes-placed Regent's Walk, by Vice Regent. She is pregnant to Joyeux Danseur.Three Chimneys Sales, as agent, sold Walk on Gold, whose half-brother Marquetry was a multiple grade I winner and earned more than $2.8 million during his racing career.Three Chimneys also sold the second highest price horse of the day. Brookdale Farm paid $260,000 for Ever Hopeful, a 3-year-old broodmare prospect by With Approval out of Private Colors, by Private Account.Keeneland sold 255 horses during Sunday's session for $6,747,000, an average of $26,459 and a median of $20,000. Through seven days of the 10-day auction, 1,653 horses have been sold for $177,994,100, an average of $107,679 and a median of $42,000.The sale continues through Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce