The decision was made after an internal study revealed a number of Youbet customers were using the Web site for information and audiovisual services but were not placing wagers through the system. Customers that do not place wagers through Youbet.com will now be charged a monthly fee. Discounts will be available based on wagering activity.
"The introduction of subscription fees is an appropriate means to address the expenses we incur when customers use our facilities for information and audio-video access but place their wagers through other, often unlicensed channels," Champion said.
"Our best customers will continue to receive our content and services for free, and with the removal of non-revenue generating customers, we will be able to devote more of our resources to maintaining our leadership as the best online information and wagering resource for high-end racing fans."
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29