Madame Pietra ran six furlongs in 1:09.31 under 116 pounds and paid $12.60, $5.80 and $3.40. Howard Zucker is the trainer for C. T. Grether Inc.
Harvest Girl, a 15-1 long shot ridden by Victor Espinoza at 116 pounds, overtook a pace-setting Refine in mid-stretch but was no match for the winner late. The runner-up returned $14.20 and $6.60 for place and show. Brisquette, the 9-5 betting favorite ridden by Alex Solis at 116 pounds, came on late to finish third and paid $2.80 for show.
A 5-year-old Florida-bred by Roy, Madame Pietra won for the second time from six starts this year and is 4-3-2 from 13 career starts. The $46,650 winner's share increased her earnings to $191,685.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points