After just missing her first career stakes victory March 2 in the Herecomesthebride Stakes at Gulfstream Park, Tokyo Time will try to reach that milestone May 3 in the $150,000 Edgewood Stakes Presented by Forcht Bank at Churchill Downs.
The Edgewood is the second stakes of the day on the Kentucky Oaks program. The 1 1/16-mile turf test for 3-year-old fillies is race 7 with an approximate post of 2:08 p.m. EDT.
A homebred for Emory Hamilton, Tokyo Time enters the Edgewood off a runner-up finish in the nine-furlong Herecomesthebride where she lost by a neck to Kitten's Point. The Medaglia d'Oro filly, trained by Shug McGaughey, opened the season with a 5 1/4-length victory in a maiden special weight race Jan. 27 on the Gulfstream turf.
The Edgewood also has attracted Ken and Sarah Ramsey homebred Kitten's Dumplings, a stakes winner for trainer Mike Maker who was fifth last time out in the Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I).
Owned by Robert Cseplo, Steven Keh, Daniel Kramer, and W. C. Racing, the British-bred Birdlover, by Byron, won the China Doll Stakes March 9 on the turf at Santa Anita.
Martin Schwartz's Wave Theory gets back on grass for trainer Chad Brown after a distant fourth in the Ashland. She was third previously in the Florida Oaks (gr. IIIT) on the Tampa Bay Downs turf priro to that.
$150,000 Edgewood Stakes (race 7, approximate post time 2:08 p.m.) 3YO fillies, 1 1/16 miles, turf
PP, Horse, Jockey, Trainer, odds
1. Street of Gold (KY), S. Bridgmohan, P. McGee, 30-1
2. Broken Spell (KY), M. Mena, D.W. Lukas, 15-1
3. Kitten's Dumplings (KY), J. Rosario, M. Maker, 4-1
4. Judy in Disguise (GB), M. Smith, S. Callaghan, 10-1
5. Birdlover (GB), K. Krigger, D. O'Neill, 4-1
6. Private Ensign, C. Lanerie, D. Romans, 8-1
7. Emotional Kitten, E. Trujillo, W. Ward, 15-1
8. Praia (KY), A. Garcia, K. McPeek, 20-1
9. Tokyo Time (KY), J. Castellano, C. McGaughey III, 3-1
10. Wave Theory (KY), J. Leparoux, C. Brown, 9-2
11. Adriani (KY), J. Rocco Jr., D. Fawkes, 15-1
All carry 118 pounds.