Meeting Planned to Discuss MRLS in 2003
Updated: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 10:48 AM
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 11:26 AM
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club will host a meeting on Nov. 5 at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike to discuss Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS) in 2003.
The fee is $20, which muse be pre-paid (credit cards accepted), and includes a buffet dinner. To pre-register, call Linda Javid at (859) 296 4279. Registration begins at 6:30 and the buffet line opens at approximately 7:00 PM.
The program will consist as follows:
1. Dr. Jimmy Henning, UK, Overview of the 2002 MRLS Monitoring Program.
2. Dr. Stuart Brown, Experiences of farms following the contingency plans and studies that followed fetal growth and development in MRLS-exposed mares.
3. Dr. Bill Bernard, Update on past research results dealing
with ETC exposure.
4. Steve Johnson, farm manager, Margaux Farm, Midway, Field
experiences with caterpillar control and some management
practices implemented in 2002 to reduce losses to MRLS.
5. Dr. Lee Townsend, UK, Caterpillar control strategies for 2003.
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!