first crop of Tiger Ridge sold to W.D. North, agent, for $22,000.
Consigned by Greystone Manor Farm, the chestnut filly is out of Emerald Starling (by Kris S). For the day, 164 horses sold for a total of $616,200, compared with 220 horses grossing $774,800 in the corresponding session last year. The average price was $3,757, up 6.7% compared to $3,522 in 2001, while the median price was $2,200 compared with $2,500 a year ago. The buyback rate was 33.6%; it was 24.3% last year.For the two open sessions, 343 horses brought a total of $1,417,000, compared with 430 horses selling for a total of $1,717,600 last year. The average price was $4,131, a gain of 3.4% compared with $3,994 a year ago. The median price was $2,500; it was $2,700 a year ago. The buyback rate was 31.4% compared with 25.8% in 2001.South Korea's C & C International Trading led all buyers during the open sessions, purchasing 10 horses for a total of $74,300. C & C also was the leading buyer for the entire fall mixed sale, taking home 33 head for $380,900. For the two consignor preferred sessions, 343 horses sold for a total of $4,646,900, compared with 408 horses bringing $4,493,100 last year. The average was $13,548, an increase of 23% compared with $11,013 in 2001, while the median price of $8,500 was up 21.4% from $7,000 last year. The buyback rate was 30%, identical to last year. Fourteen horses brought $50,000 or more apiece compared with six in 2001. Heiligbrodt Racing
Stable led all buyers in the preferred sessions, purchasing 10 horses for a total of $285,000. In phase II of the Franks Farm Reduction, 60 horses brought a total of $130,800.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile