Among the Biancone-trainees is Whywhywhy, winner of the Sept. 15 Futurity (gr. I) at Belmont Park, and Zavata, who was third in the grade I Hopeful Stakes on Aug. 31 at Saratoga after capturing the grade II Saratoga Special on Aug. 14 at that New York oval. "The Juvenile is a race for the babies," said Biancone in a release from Arlington Park. "When you race babies, it is not always the best horse that wins, but the best horse that day. That is why I am more comfortable bringing two than one. If I had four, I'd run four of them."Besides Whywhywhy and Zavata, Biancone also brought Stellar, a daughter of Grand Slam who was fourth in Saratoga's grade I Spinaway Stakes on Aug. 30 after finishing second in the Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) on Aug. 12.
Stellar is being pointed toward the Juvenile Fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Concern, Tuscalee Inducted into Maryland Hall
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH