For Rubies Heads Safely Kept at Pimlico
Updated: Saturday, September 14, 2002 7:19 PM
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2002 2:07 PM
Two-time stakes winner For Rubies is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico. Seven of the eight 3-year-old fillies for the six-furlong match are entering the race off victories.
For Rubies has won stakes at Prairie Meadows and Arlington Park, and was second most recently in the Duchess (gr. III) at Woodbine.
The field for the Safely Kept, in post position order, with trainers, jockeys, and morning-line odds:
1) Wilzada (Tony Dutrow, Mario Pino, 7/2)
2) For Rubies (Lynn Whiting, Herberto Castillo, 5/2)
3) Shawklit Mint (Patrick Reynolds, Harry Vega, 5-1)
4) Spelling (Francis Campitelli, Frank Alavardo, 5-1)
5) Private Academy (John Fee, TBA, 30-1)
6) Amazing Lady (Jimmy Murphy, Jeremy Rose, 15-1)
7) Miss Lodi (Tom Amoss, Ryan Fogelsonger, 6-1)
8) Zawtooth (Todd Pletcher, Mike Luzzi, 4-1)
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!