Up is Baldellia. The French-bred daughter of Grape Tree Road won a stakes race against sophomore fillies at Maisons-Laffitte by a half a length on June 7. Last time out, the David Smaga-trained miss was unsuccessful when facing older rivals at Deauville on Aug.4. Veteran Arlington rider Eusebio Razo Jr. picked up the mount aboard Baldellia.Florida-based Cellars Shiraz, owned by Robert B. Walker, is in search of her sixth stakes victory of the season in the Pucker Up. The daughter of Kissin Kris took the restricted $50,000 Convenience Stakes at Calder in her last start Aug. 3. The biggest score of the year for the Bill Cesare trainee came in the grade III Herecomesthebride at Gulfstream Park in February. Regular rider Cornelius Velasquez makes the trip from the Sunshine State to pilot Cellars Shiraz.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown