Dr. Wayne McIlwraith, who performed the operation, said the surgery went very well and expects a full recovery. "When I left him Wednesday he was bearing full weight on his leg and he was eating, which is a very good sign. He will wear a cast for two to three weeks. His racing career is obviously over, but he will be able to move on to a career at stud."The injury suffered by Bosque Redondo was nearly identical to those suffered by Saratoga Six, Mazel Trick, and Manndar. Each horse required the same surgical procedure as Bosque Redondo and are now enjoying a second career at stud.
Trainer Paco Gonzalez conditioned homebred Bosque Redondo for John Toffan and Trudy McCaffery. The same connections also campaign Pacific Classic winner Came Home.Five-year-old Bosque Redondo, by Mane Minister out of the Cox's Ridge mare, Pima, won six of 17 career starts, including the San Berardino Handicap (gr. II) on April 6. He earned $478,470.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Issues Advisory for Cobalt Monitoring
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research