Luxury Flight was produced from the 12-year-old Lost Code mare Deluxury, who captured the 1992 Illinois Silent Beauty Stakes at Hawthorne and finished second or third in three other added-money events.
In all, 108 yearlings were sold for a gross of $649,600, an average of $6,015, and a median of $3,850. Compared to a year ago, the number sold and gross were up by 36.7% and 6.8%, respectively. But the average and median were down by 21.8% and 18.1%. In 2001, 79 yearlings were sold for a gross of $608,000, an average of $7,696, and a median of $4,700.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Looks Splendid in Las Flores
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe