Two-year-old fillies will be in the spotlight this Friday when the grade 1, $200,000 Spinaway at seven furlongs is run. Expected to battle are: Appleby Gardens, Awesome Humor, Forever Partners, Hope for Love, Just Call Me Angel, Midnight Cry, Miss Mary Apples, Stellar and Vasquez. Final Round and Holiday Runner are possible.Saturday's feature is the grade 1, $200,000 Hopeful at seven furlongs. The 98th running of the Hopeful will be televised live on CNBC starting at 4 p.m. Eastern. The Hopeful is headed by Saratoga Special (gr. II) winner Zavata, who is likely to face Storm Cadet, Rights Reserved, Roaring Fever and Sky Mesa. Pretty Wild and Run Production are
Some of the East Coast's leading sprinters, including Breeders' Cup Sprint winner Squirtle Squirt, will battle at 6 1/2 furlongs in Sunday's grade 1, $250,000 Forego Handicap. Explicit, Multiple Choice, Orientate, Saint Verre and Silky Sweep are likely. Hook and Ladder is possible.
Saratoga's closing day feature, the grade III, $100,000-added Saranac, will be run on Monday, Sept. 2. Better Talk Now, Fager's Island, Finality, Ibn Al Haitham, Irish Colonial, Last Palace, Miesque's Approval, Quest Star and Regal Sanction are definite. Lord Burleigh is possible.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident