Two-year-old fillies will be in the spotlight this Friday when the grade 1, $200,000 Spinaway at seven furlongs is run. Expected to battle are: Appleby Gardens, Awesome Humor, Forever Partners, Hope for Love, Just Call Me Angel, Midnight Cry, Miss Mary Apples, Stellar and Vasquez. Final Round and Holiday Runner are possible.Saturday's feature is the grade 1, $200,000 Hopeful at seven furlongs. The 98th running of the Hopeful will be televised live on CNBC starting at 4 p.m. Eastern. The Hopeful is headed by Saratoga Special (gr. II) winner Zavata, who is likely to face Storm Cadet, Rights Reserved, Roaring Fever and Sky Mesa. Pretty Wild and Run Production are
Some of the East Coast's leading sprinters, including Breeders' Cup Sprint winner Squirtle Squirt, will battle at 6 1/2 furlongs in Sunday's grade 1, $250,000 Forego Handicap. Explicit, Multiple Choice, Orientate, Saint Verre and Silky Sweep are likely. Hook and Ladder is possible.
Saratoga's closing day feature, the grade III, $100,000-added Saranac, will be run on Monday, Sept. 2. Better Talk Now, Fager's Island, Finality, Ibn Al Haitham, Irish Colonial, Last Palace, Miesque's Approval, Quest Star and Regal Sanction are definite. Lord Burleigh is possible.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners