"(The Spinaway and the Matron) are both grade 1 races and she's a grade 1 filly," Walden said. "We've got `championship' on our mind."
Walden praised he efforts of previous trainer Ronny Werner in the development of Awesome Humor.
"She ran a big race in the Debutante (July 6th, Churchill Downs), and we bought her after that," Walden said. "I can't say enough about Ronny Werner; he made this transition very smooth. He gets all the credit for this. I trained her sire, and he was pretty hot and tough to train. But Awesome Humor is just a joy to train."
"Coming into the stretch, she was way out of the bridle -- just had her ears up and looking and waiting on the opposition," said Day. "I felt as if they were coming to us coming off the turn, so I put her to the task and she was responding, but I felt like there was another gear. If someone had gotten down to her and offered a serious challenge, she had a little more in the tank for us." (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale