Melnyk also paid the second high price of the day--$600,000--for a colt by Unbridled's Song out of the $126,475 stakes winner Sensational Eyes, also consigned by Taylor.Keeneland reported 304 horses were sold Saturday for a gross of $14,835,400. The session average of $48,801 represented a dip from the $49,359 average one year ago when 289 yearlings sold for a total of $14,264,700 on the sixth day of the sale. Saturday's median price also fell to $30,000, compared with $35,000 in 1999.The sale resumes at 10:00 a.m. (EDT) Monday and continues through next Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet