really started flying at the finish and for a second I thought I was going to get there. But they were really running fast. She ran an excellent race."
A daughter of Night Shift, Little Treasure was bred in France and is owned in partnership by Port Trust, Liberty Road Stable and San Gabriel Investments. She has raced in France, where she won her last two races, the most recent coming May 21 at Chantilly in a listed race. She is five-for-eight in her career, and Saturday's $90,000 winning purse was more than double the $43,209 she had won previously. The 5-2 favorite in the field of nine, Little Treasure paid $7.20, $4.60 and $3.40. Pina Colada returned $20.60 and $7.60. The show horse, Arabic Song, paid $4. The $2 exacta was $163.00.Warren's Whistle won Saturday's companion feature at Del Mar, the $70,000 Fantastic Girl. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures