The timing seems to be right for that."
"He was bottled up, and usually, where he makes his move, is where he was waiting for room today," said Richard Schosberg, trainer of Affirmed Success. "Johnny (Velazquez, jockey of Left Bank) had a clear path on the outside, while we were still looking. It might have made things a little closer; it might not have. I don't have a plan mapped out right now."
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Team Equest Designed to Attract New Owners
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Geeky Gorgeous Named New Jersey Horse of Year