Blood-Horse Publications Wins Multiple Awards
Updated: Friday, July 5, 2002 7:54 AM
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2002 10:03 AM
Blood-Horse Publications was represented by seven first-place awards at the American Horse Publications annual awards banquet held in Park City, Utah, June 22, including honors to Equine Images magazine as Overall Publication General Excellence.
Equine Images, purchased by Blood-Horse Publications early last year, was judged the best of 51 horse publications entered in the general excellence competition. This was the second time in recent weeks the magazine devoted to equine art and cultural activities was honored; on June 11, Equine Images received an Award of Excellence from the Printing Industry Association of the South (PIAS).
Among other Blood-Horse Publications individuals or divisions recognized by American Horse Publications:
- Receiving the first-place award for Electronic Publications was bloodhorse.com (Ron Mitchell, editor), the affiliated Web site for The Blood-Horse magazine;
- The Blood-Horse news editor, Tom LaMarra, first-place award for Personality Profile for his Oct. 6, 2001, profile of trainer Dale Baird;
- The official magazine of Keeneland, published by Blood-Horse Publications, first place for Specialty Publication;
- John D. Filer, art director for The Blood-Horse, first place for Open Illustration for his Jan. 6, 2001, illustration accompanying the feature article "Racing Can Learn From the Movies"; and
- The Horse: Your Guide to Equine Health Care, published by Blood-Horse Publications, for Open Color Editorial Photograph for photographer David Stoecklein's image, "Sliding Stop," in the publication's September 2001 edition.
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!