Robinson, who replaces Steve Ralls, most recently worked on behalf of the tobacco industry. She brings knowledge from both sides of the legislative process, having lobbied Congress and worked for Kentucky Senators Jim Bunning and Mitch McConnell.
Schmaltz comes to the AHC from Rosecroft Raceway, a Standardbred track in Maryland. He has worked in the harness industry for more than four years, including jobs at Scioto Downs in Ohio and with the Ohio Harness Horseman's Association.
Ralls is now executive director of the Virginia Thoroughbred Association. Molly Dall'Erta, who previously handled communications for the Horse Council, has taken a communications position much closer to her home in Virginia.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Paulick Presented With Bergstein Award
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds